Grapefruit Ice Cream Recipe
- Prepare a soft syrup: in a saucepan, mix the sugar with a glass of water and heat over low heat until it reaches a high temperature, but turn off the heat before it reaches the bubbles prior to boiling. Reserve. and we set it aside
- Cut the grapefruit segments, removing the white skin and mix them in the blender with the grapefruit juice.
- When the syrup has cooled, add it to the smoothie and pour everything into an ice cream mold.
- Take it to the freezer, take it out and stir it every 30 minutes for 3 hours and leave it until it takes the consistency of ice cream.
- When the mixture has been cold for 3 hours, beat the egg white until stiff and add it to the freezer mixture, mixing with a spatula. Refreeze the mixture for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving and distribute with an ice cream scoop into individual bowls.
Making a homemade grapefruit ice cream is simple and the incalculable benefit is the variety. It is something else, an unusual flavor of ice cream, very refreshing and with a practically imperceptible bitter aftertaste, because grapefruit ice cream is sweeter and less aggressive on the palate than grapefruit fruit. With pink grapefruit it is richer, although any variety works.