Marinated Calamari Recipe
- Once the vegetables are slightly sweaty, add salt and the liquids. When it breaks the boil, add the cleaned and cut squid.
- The first step is to clean and sterilize the jars with alcohol.
- Wash and cut the vegetables, the onion in pen, the bell pepper in julienne strips and croissants. Reserve.
- On a separate board, cut the clean squid into slices.
- Place the olive oil, once warm, add the garlic cloves, along with the bay leaves, paprika and ground chili. Cook a little and add the vegetables.
- Wait for it to come to a boil again and cook the squid for a few minutes, after which they are removed with a slotted spoon to be able to pack.
- Fill the jars with the squid and vegetables to the top and top with the cooking liquid. Close well and store at room temperature or, if it is very hot, in the refrigerator.
The preserves for the time of the picada always star in the table of the Argentines; like this canned pickled squid also recovered from the hand of vermouth. Seafood is an ingredient that can be pickled and preserved for a long time. The canned squid of this recipe are very good; squids are tasty and easy to cook following expert advice from Lelé Cristóbal, owner of Cafe San Juan.