Canned Aubergines Recipe
- Wash the aubergines and cut them into slices 1 cm wide.
- Bring the water and vinegar to a boil along with the salt in a saucepan.
- Once it breaks a boil, add the aubergines, heat again until it reaches the boiling point and turn off the heat.
- Remove the aubergines using a slotted spoon, put them in a colander and allow the aubergines to cool. Season them with pepper and ground chili.
- Place the seasoned aubergines in clean and sterilized glass jars, fill the jar with the oil mixture, cover well.
- Leave it in the fridge for 3 days before serving. It keeps for a week.
Canned eggplants are delicious and easy to make. They are also often called pickled aubergines or pickled aubergines, because they are made by cooking them first in a mixture of water and white vinegar, then they are seasoned and stored in a jar where they last for at least three months. The canned eggplants of this recipe they are the ones that the cook prepares Lelé Cristobal at Café San Juan, where they are recommended to accompany the classic evening vermouth.